XANSYS Forum Index
    Register    

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    SmartFeedSmartFeed    Profile    Log in
FSUM with large deflection

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS
martin.mazurowski.
User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:51 am  Reply with quote

Dear experts,

I have a problem with the FSUM command. I want to obtain Correct moment reactions for a set of nodes (belonging to 190 Solsh elems) in an large deflection analysis. As it is written in the Manual, the moment reaction forces are wrong for large deflection analysis, which is the case (in this case they are to high). Is there any way to obtain correct Moment reaction when the NLGEOM is set to on? I need those forces and moment to calculate nominal stress in a rectangular section of nodes.

I used the RTFM;) command, but I didn't find any solution to my problem. The only idea I have is to run the analysis without the nlgeom, and see if the results didn't change to much and then obtain the proper Reaction forces. But that's not a nice solution because I have some nonlinear contacts, and it is not recommended to run nonlinear contacts with small deflection.

Thank you in advance for every piece of advice.
Best regards,
M.Mazurowski.
john.deibler1
User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:23 am  Reply with quote

Martin,

Define a coordinate system at the displaced summation point, move the SPOINT to that location, change RSYS to the new coordinate system, followed by FSUM, RSYS.

John Deibler
Pacific Northwest National Lab

"All models are wrong. Some models are useful"

-----Original Message-----
From: Xansys [mailto:xansys-bounces@xansys.org] On Behalf Of martin.mazurowski.
Subject: [Xansys] FSUM with large deflection

I have a problem with the FSUM command. I want to obtain Correct moment reactions for a set of nodes (belonging to 190 Solsh elems) in an large deflection analysis. As it is written in the Manual, the moment reaction forces are wrong for large deflection analysis, which is the case (in this case they are to high). Is there any way to obtain correct Moment reaction when the NLGEOM is set to on? I need those forces and moment to calculate nominal stress in a rectangular section of nodes.
+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| XANSYS web - www.xansys.org/forum |
| The Online Community for users of ANSYS, Inc. Software |
| Hosted by PADT - www.padtinc.com |
| Send administrative requests to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS