XANSYS Forum Index
    Register    

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    SmartFeedSmartFeed    Profile    Log in
[JOB] Analyst Position in Davenport Iowa

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS
patrick.tibbits
User

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:15 am  Reply with quote

Stress Analyst

Cobham Mission Equipment in Davenport, Iowa is seeking a Stress Analyst to be an integral part of the Stress Team.

Principle Duties and Responsibilities

• Responsible for stress analysis on aerial refueling equipment.
• Conducts various types of analysis including static and dynamic.
• Present results in a clear concise manor to internal and external customers.
• Works with Design Engineers to optimize designs.
• All other related duties as assigned.

Required Qualifications

• Bachelors degree in engineering from an ABET accredited program.
• 2+ years experience in stress analysis.
• Proficiency in MSC Nastran/Patran analysis software.
• Skilled in modeling and analysis.
• Organizational skills and ability prioritize daily activities to meet department objectives.
• Very good written communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and understand technical requirements and reports.
• Ability to work in an office, lab, and indoor industrial environment.
• Due to export compliance, must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
Desired Qualifications

• Masters degree in a related engineering field.
• Experience analyzing aerostructures components.
• Experience with full scale testing.
• Proficiency in ANSYS.
• Ability to conduct and coach on non-routine complex analyses.
• Advanced skill in modeling and analysis.
• Breadth of knowledge in a variety of analyses including static, dynamic, loads, fluid flow, thermal, heat transfer, etc.
• Proficiency in 3D CAD platform
• Software writing capability.

Patrick Tibbits
Cobham
kurian.thomas
User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

Dear Sir

I completed MS by research at IIT Madras in Department of Ocean Engineering, a premier institute for engineering and technology in India, with scholarship from MHRD. . The title of my thesis is 'An efficient finite element simulation model for thermal forming of plates used for shipbuilding.' The line heating process is simulated numerically using Finite Element Method(FEM). FEM is implemented using commercially available software package Ansys Mechanical APDL.

I have completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Mahatma Gandhi University in 2008. After completing graduation I worked with Omkar Fabricators and Bharati Shipyard Limited as Site Engineer (Aug 2010-June 2011) and Asst. Engineer(April 2009-July 2010) respectively. Propelled by my interest in the field of Ocean Engineering, I decided to pursue Master's in Ocean Engineering to orient my career towards this highly challenging field.

I would like to offer myself as a candidate. Please find my attached resume for your consideration and perusal.

With my knowledge in Ocean Engineering, Offshore Structures, Naval Architecture and with the skills I have acquired in software like ORCAFLEX, SACS, ANSYS Mechanical APDL, PATRAN, NASTRAN, AutoCAD etc, will prove instrumental in taking up challenging task in a highly reputed firm as yours.

If given an opportunity, I will discharge my duties with single-minded devotion, unremitting interest and application.

I would highly obliged to have a call from your end to discuss the possibilities of the job.

Thanking You

Kurian Thomas
+97150 587 4721
email: kurianpapps@gmail.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS