XANSYS Forum Index
    Register    

FAQ    Search    Memberlist    Usergroups    SmartFeedSmartFeed    Profile    Log in
[Xansys] Non-Convergence Issues with Static Material non-Lin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS
fayaz.sofi
User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:43 pm  Reply with quote

Dear Expert Members,

I am caught in a non-convergence of my Model consisting of Solid 65 elements (Concrete Deck Slab) and Shell181 for Steel Girders , Model is a Steel I-Girder Bridge having Material Non-linearity defined interms of Stress-Strain Multilinear MISO. Failure criteria for deck slab is Willam and Warnke Criteria wherein I have put off crushing of Solid65 elements under incrementally increasing loads applied to deck through 12 Synchronous patches as series of concentrated loads converted distributed to relevant element nodes through APDL script using shape function of elements.

The Strange non-convergence issue as shown in below attached picture is with 'U' Displacement L2 Norm (pink line) with tolerance of 5%, it is oscillating around Critical Norm value(Light green line) very close to it but not exactly converging nor is it diverging too far from Critical Norm. I am getting this problem exactly at 19% of Ultimate Load Capacity . I am using AUTO time stepping on small displacement problem with Solutions controls on and have used min and max sub steps as 1 and 1000.

I would be looking forward to prove more information. Kindly, share your experiences with such issues and also advise me how should I choose reference value for Displacement Convergence (CNVTOL,U,,0.05,2) before solution. Force convergence is very rare for me to get converged as per previous research papers. It has been recommended to go with only displacement convergence for this type of model.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Fayaz Sofi

Uniersity of Nebraska - Lincoln

[cid:image001.png@01D0A3C6.8D86D3E0]
+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| XANSYS web - www.xansys.org/forum |
| The Online Community for users of ANSYS, Inc. Software |
| Hosted by PADT - www.padtinc.com |
| Send administrative requests to xansys-mod@tynecomp.co.uk |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    XANSYS Forum Index -> XANSYS